Libiquity Taurinus Limited Hardware Warranty
Version 1.2, 2016-11-21
All major parts in this Libiquity Taurinus personal computer (processor and cooling mechanisms, memory, storage, battery, keyboard, screen, and audio) are tested to conform to strict quality control standards.
Libiquity LLC (“Libiquity”) warrants this Libiquity Taurinus hardware product against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of one (1) year from the date of original retail purchase or, in the case of a sale marked as a pre-order or back order, from the date of shipment.
This warranty is applicable only in, and exclusively governed by and interpreted under the laws of, the United States of America. This warranty is transferable and extends to subsequent owners within the United States of America for the remaining duration of the original warranty period.
Firmware and software distributed with this Libiquity Taurinus product is not covered by this warranty. Libiquity does not warrant that the operation of this Libiquity Taurinus product will be uninterrupted or error-free.
This warranty does not apply:
- to optional accessory parts such as stickers;
- to expendable or consumable parts such as batteries;
- to cosmetic damage, including, but not limited to, scratches, dents, missing feet, and defective screen pixels;
- to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid spills, improper maintenance or service, ninjas, or other external causes;
- to loss or damage in shipping the product to Libiquity for warranty service as described below;
- to damage caused by parts, firmware, or software not supplied by Libiquity; or
- if any Libiquity serial number on the product or any part has been removed or defaced.
If your Libiquity Taurinus product manifests a defect in materials or workmanship during the warranty period, contact Libiquity support at email@example.com. Be sure to include your product's Libiquity serial number and a detailed description of the defect, including any applicable error messages, behaviors, and steps to reproduce the problem. To speak to a support technician who knows a minimum of two programming languages, also include the word “shibboleet”.
After receipt of a valid claim, Libiquity will, at its option, provide one of the following services:
- Return merchandise authorization (RMA). Libiquity will provide shipping instructions and you will ship the product to Libiquity in good protective packaging at your expense. Libiquity will repair or replace the product or its parts and return the product to you at Libiquity's expense.
- Replacement part(s) for user servicing. Libiquity will ship replacement part(s) to you at Libiquity's expense. Libiquity may provide shipping instructions and require you to return the defective part(s) to Libiquity in good protective packaging at your expense.
- Refund. Libiquity will provide shipping instructions and you will ship the product to Libiquity in good protective packaging at your expense. Libiquity will refund your purchase price, excluding original shipping and tax charges. The product will become Libiquity's property.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from State to State.
To the extent permitted by law, this warranty and the remedies set forth herein are the complete and exclusive warranty agreement between you and Libiquity and are in lieu of all other warranties, remedies, and conditions, whether written, oral, statutory, express, or implied. To the extent permitted by law, this warranty supersedes any other representations or warranties with respect to the product, including representations in agreements, advertisements, presentations, or correspondence. Libiquity and the copyright holders of all included firmware and software disclaim all warranties, remedies, and conditions, whether written, oral, statutory, express, or implied, not set forth in this warranty.
For parts covered under this express warranty, all implied warranties, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the duration of this express warranty and limited in remedies to the repair, replacement, and refund services set forth herein. Some States do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
Parts not covered under this express warranty are provided “as is”. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Libiquity and the copyright holders of all included firmware and software disclaim all implied warranties, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, for parts not covered under this express warranty.
Limitation of Liability
In the event of a breach of warranty or condition, your sole and exclusive remedies shall be the repair, replacement, and refund services set forth herein. Libiquity's maximum liability under this warranty is expressly limited to the price you paid for the product.
Except as provided in this warranty and to the extent permitted by law, in no event will Libiquity be liable for any direct, special, incidental, or consequential damages resulting from any breach of warranty or condition, or under any other legal theory, including, but not limited to, loss of use; loss of revenue; loss of actual or anticipated profits (including loss of profits on contracts); loss of the use of money; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business; loss of opportunity; loss of goodwill; loss of reputation; loss of, damage to, compromise of, or corruption of data; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage howsoever caused including the replacement of equipment and property, any costs of recovering, programming, or reproducing any program or data stored or used with the product, or any failure to maintain the confidentiality of information stored in the product. Libiquity disclaims any representation that it will be able to repair or replace any product under this warranty without risk to or loss of programs or data stored in the product.
This limitation of liability applies whether a claim is made or damages are sought under this warranty or as a tort claim (including negligence and strict product liability), a contract claim, or any other claim. This limitation of liability shall apply even if Libiquity or an authorized representative of Libiquity has been advised of the possibility of any such damages. This limitation of liability shall not apply to death or personal injury claims.
Some States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
If any term of this warranty is held to be illegal, unenforceable, or otherwise inconsistent with local law, such term shall be deemed modified to be consistent with such local law if possible and the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall not be affected or impaired.